Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cracker Barrel Flashback

So I finally found the Tucson Cracker Barrel. I still had to return the excellent Books on CD that we rented for our journey. I know I already spent enough time rhapsodizing about this fabulous establishment and how it's sort of weird...like entering a time warp when you pass thru those doors b/c they all look exACTly the same. But tonite...I about had a panic attack when I walked in and up to that counter, the counter that's in the exact same location, in a room set up exactly the same, with every single same piece of merchandise set up in the SAME SPOT. I was like, Whoa, I am back in Iowa, no Indiana, no Nebraska, wuuuut??? Then there was the stupid rat-like toy, I guess you'd call it, in this cage on the floor. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was a WeezleBall. Ewww! Almost worse than the breathing cat thingy!! It was this tail-looking thing rolling around a ball and banging up against the walls of the cage, for why?? Weird. I had to get out of there. I don't know that I can ever frequent a CB again, ever.

No comments: